A Commitment to Supplier Diversity
Our Community Engagement Program aims to maximize opportunities for minority, women, and veteran-owned firms (MWVBE) to do business with us through Supplier Diversity Initiatives that include:
- Centralizing the process for engaging diverse suppliers
- Strengthening relationships with suppliers by maximizing local engagement opportunities throughout the Barton Malow Family of Companies
- Heightening awareness with Clients who are committed to Diversity + Inclusion
- Increasing spend with diverse suppliers on projects and in-house purchases
Our initiatives start with being intentional about using MWVBE firms, regardless of client requirements. Our Community Engagement team works directly with procurement and project teams across the company to implement strategies that increase our success rates of business inclusion through: outreach, continuous notification, and updates of bid packages, contractor shark tank meetings, prequalification, assistance, and more.
Workforce Development + Inclusion
LIFTbuild, aligned with Barton Malow’s Community Engagement Program, takes things a step further with a proactive approach to building a strong, diverse workforce through Workforce Development + Inclusion Initiatives set to:
- Create opportunities that increase diversity and inclusion of women and minorities in the skilled trades
- Strengthen relationships with government, workforce and educational partners focused on career tech education (CTE) and on-the-job training
- Create a pathway for job seekers to connect with subcontractors seeking to fill skilled trades positions on our projects
- Provide paid training through the Barton Malow Bootcamp pre-apprenticeship program
Our Culture of CARE
Barton Malow has joined the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) in pledging to continue to build a Culture of CARE. As part of this program, we aim to further build on our commitment to a company culture that allows every team member the opportunity to reach their full potential, be their most productive, and do their best without the fear of harassment, hazing, or bullying. We ensure a Culture of CARE by committing to the following principles:
Commit: to hire and pay based on skill and experience regardless of ethnicity, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Attract: prospective team members by creating inclusive workplaces that are free from harassment, hazing, and bullying.
Retain: high-performing team members by identifying and removing barriers for advancement.
Empower: every team member to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO)
LIFTbuild is an equal opportunity employer, and we want to have the best available person in every job. LIFTbuild makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight, or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of our organization regardless of where a team member is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any team member.